PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
Metamorphosis Med Spa, in Downers Grove, Illinois, provides platelet rich plasma treatments throughout the entire Chicago and DuPage County area.
Platelet-rich plasma (Abbreviation: PRP) is blood plasma that has been enriched with platelets. As a concentrated source of autologous platelets, PRP contains (and releases through degranulation) several different growth factors and other cytokines that stimulate healing of bone and soft tissue.
Eclipse PRP, provides patients with the best enriched plasma, including platelet count and growth factor analytics. Extensive studies show, in comparison to other PRP purification devices, the patented process of Eclipse PRP™ renders the highest supra-physiologic concentrations of platelet counts and up to 8 biologically active growth factors, such as: PDGF, TGF, EGF, CSF, KGF & VEGF.
Features & Benefits
- Convenient procedure – takes less than 30 minutes
- Reproducible system – easily fits into practice
- Small volume of blood needed – better for patients
- Best Value – highest volume PRP Yield: ~6 mL’s of PRP per 10 mL tube
- Consistent platelet concentration – allowing for predictable performance
- Pure PRP – High-tech gel removes the most contaminating red and white blood cells
- No foreign components – virtually eliminates the risk of adverse reactions
- During a short office visit a small amount of a patient’s own blood is drawn into a 10 mL vacuum collection tube containing a proprietary separator gel.
- The tube is placed into a centrifuge and spun for 12 minutes to isolate the platelet- rich plasma.
- The contaminating red and white blood cells are located below the separator gel.
- The PRP is ready for use according to the clinical use requirements. Yielding ~6 mL’s of injectable PRP.